Semester Two Quick Review
Lesson One – How Is Peace Possible?
Main Passage: 2 Peter 1
Peace is possible!
You have everything you need for life and godliness!
through intimacy with
God and Jesus (Word,
Lesson Two – This Is a Test (Or It Will Be Soon)
Main Passage: Various throughout the Bible
God is the One who tests us so that we will see our unbelief.
(God’s question in the test is “Will you trust Me?”)
The testing is necessary for our spiritual growth.
God will never test beyond your abilities as you keep inviting Him into the test.
The scriptures are a great encouragement in our tests.
Testing + Teaching + Prayer + Fellowship = God's School of Faith
Lesson Three and Four – Identifying Pride (A Focus on Self) and Humility (A God Focus)
Main Passage: Genesis 3:1-10 and various throughout Bible
Pride came before “The Fall”
Pride is what goes on inside your head when you try to solve your own problems apart from God
– the action of pride = control
– it is a self focus (includes the people and circumstances that affect you)
– it is taking responsibility for yourself and situations and not giving them to God
– pride results in fear and fear often produces pride
– God hates pride
Main verse: 1 Peter 5:6-7 - “Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
-two ways to humility
God can humble you!
-use the Grace Exchange
Lesson Five and Six – God’s Love
Main Passage: 1 Corinthians 13 and 1John
-God’s love is not of this world
-God is the only source of agape
-You cannot agape others – you can only fill with His love and let it spill out on the others ( teacup picture)
-John, the disciple that Jesus loved , explained God’s love
Lesson Seven – The Battle Is In Your Mind
Main Passage: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- battle not versus flesh and blood
- battle is versus thoughts and arguments against truth of God
- take thoughts to God
- stronghold of thoughts = patterns of wrong thinking
Lesson Eight – Dealing With Worry, Anxiety
and Anger God’s Way
Main Passage: Various New Testament passages
-worry, anxiety and anger are not of God
- patterns of these things are strongholds of wrong thinking
- emotional trash needs to be taken to God not vented or stuffed
- need the grace exchange
Lesson Nine – Conflict, a Call to Intimacy With God?
Main Passage: James 3 and 4 and various other New Testament passages
- all conflict is really conflict with God
- fleshly desires cause conflict in and among people
- 9 Steps of Dealing With Conflicts With Others
Lesson Ten – The Roots of Unbelief
Main Passage: Various
- if you cut off the bad fruit it results in more bad fruit
- need to get to the roots of sin
- there are three main roots of unbelief:
Lesson Eleven – What Is Your Purpose?
Main Passage: Various
- God makes His purpose clear
- God defined Jesus’ purpose clearly
- God defined your purpose clearly
- it is important for you to keep God’s purpose for you in your mind and to be praying that He will do His purpose in you
Lesson Twelve – God’s Good Gifts
Main Passage: Romans 8: 26-32
- God works all for good to conform you to Christ
- no one can be against you if you are God’s child
- Jesus defeated Satan’s power to run your life
- God already gave you the best gift He could possibly give to you
- all that He gives are the best even if they don’t look good, feel good or smell good
- nothing can separate you from the love of Christ!
- you are more than conquerors in Christ!
All Good Gifts!